Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Empire State 2.0















(aka weekly review on the physics we're into)
Yes, I'm back in the land of the brave and the home of the free (turkeys).
Everything is like I expected to be: veeeery cold (-13 Celsius at noon) and snowy, veeeery geese and turkey (the adverb of being turkey), veeeery far from home.
I'm going to stay here in the long long island for another month so I decide to update (and upgrade) the last version of the review.
The question that bothers my sleep in these first days is: what the hell the turkeys do during winter?
Do they migrate to New Jersey?
Do they hole up in some holes in the ground?
Do they just wait for the next thanksgiving?
Are they a seasonal animal or can they survive more than a year (if they are not so inductivist to escape the thanksgiving)?
Why are they still here and they keep going around in flocks also with -20 degrees?
Why are they staring at me when I go out in the morning?

obsession...

Anyway, the pictures are always in the same place (follow the link above) but this time I decided to take just the pictures I like, so be prepared to just a few boring images of trees and don't tease me.

obsession...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, you know, also there in the padanian landscape the winter has come, finally!
There's dog's cold and i have goose skin... wow

anyway, do you wanna know why turkeys are staring at you? it's simple! what's a synonym of "following a person with obsession"? In italian is: TACCHINARE....

Eleonora said...

Not to be confused with "tacconare"...

Ermes said...

really? cool...

these guys are getting interesting!
(or maybe I am getting interesting for them...)

Anonymous said...

If you get interested in them then it's a sign of some kind of illness... It could be paranoia or some other psychic disease or maybe you start enjoying the presence of the turkeys and who knows what happenes in the coming month :D


stracini

Ermes said...

physics diseases?

anyway turkey in romanian is curcan, isn't it? that's my second word in romanian, after multumesc (=thanks).
So, when I will meet a romanian turkey (or a romanian turk) I'll know how to thank it.

Anonymous said...

well, the psychic desease can certainly degenerate into a physics desease like for example QCDtis or the very well known "high Pt syndrome".


stracini

Anonymous said...

anyway "buuuhhh" to ermes for using celsius instead of the more patriotic "fahrenheit".

mz

Ermes said...

I also used "month" and "year" instead of time-gallon (= turkey) but no one cares

Anonymous said...

I propose you use natural units so whatever you say will be invariant under a continent transformation :D


stracini

Ermes said...

ok, I'll try.

now I have to go to NY,
so see you in 36 km

(that's really too nerd for me)

Moris said...

speaking about rumenian, I was told that Pula mens something in rumenian.. (another meaning is police of course..).
who knows what? will there be a poll about it too?

Ermes said...

first: I think it's rOmanian and not rUmenian (even if the use of u's should denote a high level of romanian, as in multumesc, or sardinian)

second: nothing

Eleonora said...

Since when you are the expert of rU/Omenian?
Anyway, I think that the idea of using natural units is sort of cool for the U.S. because they surely need the simplest system as possible, but then(as most of the physicians) they won't be able to get the normal units back...

Anonymous said...

The name Romania comes actually from the word Rome (so you, italians, should be proud that you are even more famous than you thought)!

The germans say Rumaenien, the dutch say Roemenie (read like the "oo" in boots)




stracini, the romanian guy for Utrecht ;)

Anonymous said...

Pula means dick! And by no means pula means police. But if you want to say that a certain policemen is a dick, then you're free to say it!



stracini

Eleonora said...

Pula is police in italian (in the not-so-nice way...), but maybe there is a connection with the romanian....

ShareThis

Bookmark and Share