Friday, July 25, 2008

Peddler's Village


While the world is waiting for a post about our Japanese honeymoon and a smaller world is trilled hoping that Fassino is good guy (even if the solidarity given to him by Berlusconi does not help so much) I decided to face the jet-leg and to try to catch a flight to New York.

I managed to do it at the second try since my KLM flight of yesterday got canceled because of some secret problems to the aircraft.
This time I didn't got rich (as last time when KLM overbooked my flight) but they still gave me some 95€ which "is not cookies".
(And KLM is still my favourite company)

So I flew today to Newark and I had to take a train to go to New York.
This allowed me to make acquaintance with Peddler's Village (thanks to an adv on the train) which wikipedia shows as
a 42 acre 18th century style gathering place in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. It has shopping, dining, lodging, festivals, craft competitions and an antique carousel. The complex is also used for weddings, holiday parties, reunions, retirement parties, picnics, and corporate meetings. Special events and seasonal festivals draw nearly 3 million visitors to Peddler's Village each year.

The complex is located in Lahaska, Pennsylvania near Doylestown and New Hope.

Yearly events include a watermelon fest, scarecrow competition, apple festival, gingerbread house competition, Christmas festival, quilt competition. The Peddler's Village Strawberry Festival is held on the first weekend in May since 1969.

We could go there for honeymoon instead of Japan!
What a pity...

1 comment:

Gianni said...

Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village. Costo (camera/notte): Single di 113 EUR Double di 111 EUR
Conveniente!! Quasi quasi prenoto..

ShareThis

Bookmark and Share