Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Empire State 2.3


Happy New Year!
As you all know, the year of the Fire Pig has begun.
That means fortune and fertility for everyone!
To celebrate this event I decided to go to Flushing - the Asian neighborhood in Queens - to attend to the Lunar New Year Parade with some friends of mine (with the fundamental supervision of a Chinese girl).
Actually the parade was for both the Chinese and Korean community (but the Korean part sucks as compared with the Chinese one) but at a certain point they split and we followed the Chinese one going to a market place for more celebrations.
I had my rate of dragons and red lanterns, Pekin ducks and amazing fishes, harp music and green tea cakes...
I'm quite satisfied: here in the States I had the chance to know and learn something more about these eastern folks (I had also very good impressions about three Japanese people during my staying here) and they very fascinating.
And moreover the number of bad words I know in Chinese is increasing!

AND now I know what's the meaning of the spheres the white dragon grabs in the Bhutan flag (I know you all were wandering about that): it's the symbol of power and wealth...
What shall I ask more from the Fire Pig year?

probably more RAM...
and anyway, quoting the wise (Sun Tzu): "of the (Fire) Pig one doesn't throw anything away"

PS: I'm going to take a week off so see you in March from The Netherparts!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

badsayd even you with suntzu!
and invece<. netherpants? and pasquetta??

mz

Ermes said...

pasquetta (mean: small Easter): Italian habit to celebrate Christ's resurrection, the day after Easter, drinking and eating meat as much as possible grouped in huge herds, possibly close to a river or sea.
During these celebrations usually (more than) someone fall completely drunk in the (cold) water, is carried by the flow, resurrects at the river outfall and at the end appears before his disciples asking for more meat (for the next 40 days).

Eleonora said...

Not only: it normally rains. Maybe a reaction of God...

BTW, as many of you may know, I'm leaving for NY in 20 minutes, so for one week we will not write on this blog. We expect anyway to find a lot of your comments!!! So we will answer to our return!
kisses

Anonymous said...

maybe you'll meet ermes who is also in new york!
send little card.

mz

Anonymous said...

ooh!!!!!

possiamo boicottare questo blog!!!!!!!!!!

Abbiamo libero accesso per una settimana mentre i "moderatori" sono in giro per NY e non possono controllarci!!!!!!!
Diamo sfogo ai nostri pensieri!!!!

Moris said...

yessssssss!
I can finally say whatever I want!!!
Freedom!, total freedom!!
Now.. I wanted to say.. that... hmm
I feel the need to say that...

hmmm..
boh..
bye

Moris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moris said...

Oh, yes!
I want to live in Istria, the Freedom Region

ShareThis

Bookmark and Share